Suggestions for Beginners
- "Don't Miss," that is, hit the target. Keep improving your hit percentage, particularly for nearby targets.
- Roll steel balls from higher on the chute to get more speed.
- During active play, players should not leave their chute to pick up a steel ball dropped on the floor.
- Try to pick up more than one steel ball at a time.
- Donít spend too much time collecting steel balls, at the expense of being ready to shoot.
- If you use one hand to launch steel balls and your other hand to steer the chute, donít overextend downfield to pick up a ball,
since by the time you resume shooting, the opponents may already have the target underway for a score.
Beginners as Goalies:
- Focus primarily on defense.
- Manage your ball supply carefully to avoid running out of balls.
- When you are out of steel balls and the target ball is threatening, block the target with the tip or the side
(no forward rotation allowed) of the chute.
- Any time the opposing wing has a straight shot at your goal, try to get a steel ball to the target first or at
least send a ball in the direction of the target to block it.
Beginners as Wings:
- Focus primarily on offense.
- Don't starve your goalie of accessible balls.
- Be careful, or even avoid, hitting a target ball near your own goal since you might inadvertently score a point
against your own team.